Sunday, September 30, 2012


Menu Planning Challenge accepted!

It is time to give some long overdue attention to my little blog.  I have been cooking up a storm in my kitchen but not taking the time to document any of it.  I am sure many others in the blogging world can relate!

My friend Laura at mommyrunfast.com has teamed up with her friend Jill to organize a menu planning challenge for the month of October.  This inspired me to re-commit to my blog and try to change up my weekly meals.  I am going to try two new recipes this week!

Link Up Here

Here is my plan for the week. I hope I can stick to it!

Sunday: Dinner at a friend's house

Monday: Chicken, basil pasta with a side of garlic broccolini

Tuesday: Herb-crusted pork chops (new recipe!), rice and peas

Wednesday: Spaghetti bolognese with green beans

Thursday: Leftovers

Friday: Santa Fe crockpot chicken (new recipe!)

Saturday: Roast pork tenderloin, roast potatoes and green beans


While this is a blog about cooking for my family, I would like to add that we joined our local YMCA this week.  I have spent the last nine months trying to prepare more health-conscious meals so it only makes sense that the next step would be to try and be healthier outside of the kitchen!  I really love the feeling of community at the Y and appreciate that our daughter can also be included on our quest to become healthier.




4 comments:

  1. Yay, Megan! So glad you're linking up! Sounds like a great plan for the week... and you know I love that you joined the Y, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! I loved reading all the other plans linked up on your page!

      Delete
  2. Hi Megan, nice to meet you. I love that you include your daughter in your health and fitness. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill! I have loved reading all the meal plans and found your tips and templates very helpful!

      Delete