Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Carne Asada... That is what's for dinner!


I chose one new recipe for this week's menu planning challenge. I used a recipe for Carne Asada from www.eatingwell.com.  I followed their directions for preparing the beef and marinated it over night.


It was really easy to prepare this meal. I decided to buy some pico-de-gallo from the store rather than make the salsa listed in the recipe.  We got home from the park, I heated up the broiler pan and started making rice.  Once the pan was hot I placed the meat in the oven and started to heat up the beans. 

 I am notorious for overcooking meat and did it again last night!! I followed the recipe and cooked it for 4 minutes on each side. When I checked the meat it looked almost raw in the middle, so I did another 3 minutes. Then it looked a little better but I still cooked it for 3 more minutes.  I probably did not need that last 3 minutes. I know that the meat continues to cook after you take it out of the oven and leave it sitting but I just never trust it. Next time I might try 5 minutes per side and not give into the temptation to cook it more.

Served with rice, beans, pico, avocado and fresh tortillas it made for a delicious dinner.  The meat was tender but not as flavorful as I would have liked. Maybe next time I will up the spices in the marinade.

What is you favorite quick and easy Carne Asada recipe?






No comments:

Post a Comment