Sunday, October 14, 2012

Meal Planning Challenge Week 3 - Birthday Week!
Link Up!!
My husband's birthday is two days before mine which always makes for a fun week of celebrations. We usually celebrate on the 19th which we call the "inter-birthday". This year we get to have a special night away thanks to my Mother-in-law.  I am looking forward to dinner, a movie (haven't seen one in the theatre in three years) and SLEEPING IN!!

This year we will also do a little celebrating on Thursday because my daughter has to make daddy a cake. We can no longer have a birthday in this household without having cake and candles.  I will be sure to post pictures of her cake making adventures but be forewarned... it will not be healthy :) 

Here is this week's dinner plan:

Tonight: Dinner with family

Monday: Chicken, garlic, basil pasta with broccolini (We are in a rut of doing this every Monday, but my daughter loves it and she takes it to school for lunch the next day)

Tuesday: Leftovers (either from Monday night or I have extra Santa Fe Chicken that I froze)

Wednesday: Pork chops, rolls and green beans

Thursday (Daddy's Birthday): Carne Asada (I splurged and picked up a delicious marinated flank steak from the grocery store), rice, beans and tortillas

Friday: DATE NIGHT!!!!

Saturday: Dinner at a birthday party 

Sunday: Spaghetti bolognese and salad

While I still have to motivate myself to meal plan (thanks to Laura and Jill for this challenge!) I do find that it makes shopping much easier and the week goes smoothly when I don't have to worry if I have everything I need to make dinner.  




6 comments:

  1. Oooh, happy birthday to you both this week! Carne asada sounds delicious. I love that M will help make a cake- so fun! Our daddy cake is never healthy, either. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! I will be sure to post pictures of the cake extravaganza!

      Delete
  2. It's a big birthday week - you're the second person on the menu challenge link up who has a bday this week and my daughter's bday is Wednesday.

    Have a great week. I'm with you that this is a great challenge as shopping and planning gets so much harder as the week wears on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie! Hope you have a wonderful time celebrating your daughter's birthday!

      Delete
  3. A lot of birthdays mentioned this week! Happy birthday!

    I'm happy to read that menu planning IS helping make life easier :)

    ReplyDelete