Sunday, October 7, 2012

Menu Planning Challenge - Week Two!
sign up here
Last week's menu plan went very well. I tried two new recipes.  The herb crusted pork chops were so-so but the Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken was a huge success!!


My daughter loved helping putting the ingredients in the crock pot (even Elmo helped) and my husband was excited to eat leftovers for lunch the next day. I followed the recipe from Gina at www.skinnytaste.com.  I substituted two cups of water for the chicken broth and it was a little watery so this week I will cut back on the liquid.


Here is this week's plan. I was feeling a little less inspired this afternoon so I only plan on trying one new recipe this week.

Monday: Basil, garlic and chicken pasta with salad

Tuesday: Carne asada tacos with rice and beans (New recipe!)

Wednesday: Spaghetti bolognese with green beans

Thursday: Leftovers

Friday: Crock pot Santa Fe chicken with rice and beans

Saturday: dinner out??

I can't finish this entry with out mentioning the amazing, delicious sweet treat I made this week.  My friend Laura at www.mommyrunfast.com has some amazing no-bake snack ball recipes. I combined her no bake peanut butter balls and coconut brownie bites recipes to make a delicious chocolate, coconut oat ball. I used almond butter instead of peanut butter and used maple syrup instead of honey.  They are SO delicious. I gave up refined sugar NINE months ago and this is the first refined sugar free treat I have made that actually satisfies my sweet tooth!!




1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you liked those no bake balls! I've been making them almost every week lately. :) I love adding cocoa to the pb balls, too. Sounds like another delicious week of eats!

    ReplyDelete